Friday, August 19, 2011

Open House



It was great to meet my new students and their families at Open House. What a great turn-out we had! Thanks to all who took the time to stop by. It means so much to the students when they get a little advanced practice with their locker combinations.


Just a reminder: School starts at 8:05 on Monday. 5th graders will come straight to me in homeroom rather than to their first period class. We will do an adjusted schedule for the first three days to help all the students get oriented to the new school year. I am planning for lots of extra time to practice our daily routines and of course, to practice opening lockers! I will also be walking my class to their other classrooms for the first few days until they feel comfortable finding each room on their own.

Monday will be here before we know it. I am looking forward to getting the new year started!

No comments:

Post a Comment